Connect with Us
- Research Help Desk - assistance from UNW librarians is available for personalized research help most of the hours the library is open.
- 24/7 chat research help - available through library partnerships
- Inter-library resources: Access to 2.2 million items through collaboration with other local university libraries (CLIC)
- Reading Room with large windows and a variety of seating
- Group study spaces
- Silent study floor
- Student Lab workstations
- Listening and Viewing Room that houses the library's audiovisual collections and playback equipment
Haburn Hovda Archives
The Berntsen Library houses the Haburn Hovda Archives, which contain scrapbooks, sermons, and other writings of William Bell Riley, the first president and founder of University of Northwestern. The Archives also preserve Northwestern publications and materials pertaining to the history of the university.
Access to the Archives is available by appointment only. Please contact the Berntsen Library at 651-631-5241 to schedule an appointment with the Archives staff.